A few weeks back (in my last in-house musing) I was wondering out loud how to make this blog site pay for itself. Since that time:
1) Two news site sponsors have come on board. Fortuna Silver (FVI.v) and Vena Resources (VEM.to) are both solid companies with good business plans and operations and I'm very happy to be able to recommend them and be sponsored by them. Please visit these sponsors and learn more about the companies, because I'm quite sure that at current valuations both companies are real bargains and will pay you well as investments.
2) I launched Otto's NOBS bespoke investment service (find out more and get a free sample on this link here). By way of an informal progress report, I'm happy to say that in the 12 days since launch I've sold six reports (though one of those still needs writing).
To change the subject a bit, I've just been checking the dustier levels of back office stats today and noticed (with surprise and delight) that e-mail and RSS feed subscriber numbers have jumped quickly in the last month. This is the main reason I decided to write this in-house post today, in fact. So for those who don't know, just by clicking on the links over there on the right hand side of the page you can sign up to the same service (or even both services, if you want RSS and e-mail). A couple of things to note:
- Both services are totally free, gratis, for nothing and don't cost you a penny. They will stay free in the future, too.
- With the RSS, once you click through you add the blog to your Reader service (for example, Google Reader, which is by far the most popular amongst present subscribers). With the e-mail service, you just add your mail address into the box that comes up (and fill in the non-spam codeword). Then when the relevant mail arrives in you inbox, just click the "Yes, I want to get this service" link that's included in the mail and it's done!
- With RSS you receive the individual blogposts in your reader a few minutes after they appear on site here.
- With the e-mail service you receive the day's posts all together as a single mail the morning after (I think it's sent out at around 6am New York Time).
- Both services are totally safe. Neither incakolanews nor the service provider (Feedburner, part of the Google empire) passes on e-mail addresses to third parties. You will find Adsense advertisements included after the posts in each service. This because any time a client is interested in finding out more about those adverts and clicks on one, a small commission comes my way (normally a few pennies, but every little helps).
To wrap this post up, between the new sponsors, the Adsense support, the small amount of commission from the free magazines offer (linked here) and the money generated by the NOBS reports so far, the blog is now on its way to becoming financially self-supporting. And if (touch wood) readership continues to grow as it has in the first half year I'll be in a position to make this blog part of my permanent lifestyle.
Thanks for reading this admittedy navel-gazing post all the way to the bottom, and as long as the blog keeps providing you with a good service I hope you keep coming back. Finally, for any comments of whatever type, feel free to contact me (as quite a few do these days) at my e-mail address:
Though it has to be said that pleasant language from you helps a long way in starting a conversation :-)