start here

start here

The Daily IKN email digest, get all daily posts sent to you next day (& no ads)

11/30/14

That Switzerland gold thing

I've kept quiet in public about the referendum vote in Switzerland about gold and the central bank because getting hatemail from rabid goldbugs becomes rather boring after the first dozen or so, but now we have projections for exit polls that indicate 78% of Swiss have voted against the initiative I'd just like to make clear my views. This is done by sharing here a mail I sent to a friend on November 19th by way of reply, when he noted the issue and asked me for thoughts.

I was asked about the Swissie gold referendum thing weeks ago (literally) by a subber. My answer was that I didn't care because there's no way in the world that the Swiss will vote to change their banking system in any way shape or form. Arguably the world richest nation, arguably the most educated nation about financial matters, all based on a banking system that has served them better than (again arguably) any other nation on earth...and they want to change it? It's asinine (this time word used no holds barred). Just another goldbug wet dream, waiting for the result to shoot it down in flames, which will then give them another excuse to shake their collective fists at the world and mutter about The Powers That Be and our illuminati Bilderberg extraterrestrial lizard people rulers.We good now? Thanks.


I think  that just about covers things. Enjoy your Sunday.