start here

start here

The Daily IKN email digest, get all daily posts sent to you next day (& no ads)

12/7/14

Pope Francis interviewed by Argentina's La Nacion newspaper in English

La Nacion has scored something of a scoop, being the first  LatAm news organization to get an extended interview with Pope Francis. It's the top story in these parts and as an added bonus, La Nacion offers the Q&A in English via this link, right here. It starts like like:
Pope Francis: "God has bestowed on me a healthy dose of unawareness" 
In his first interview with an argentine newspaper, he spoke of the challenges of the Catholic Church: family, reform of the Curia, gay marriage and divorce 
Rome- "God is good to me, he has bestowed on me a healthy dose of unawareness. I just do what I have to do. From the start I said to myself, 'Jorge, don´t change, just keep on being yourself, because to change at your age would be to make a fool of yourself'".

These are some of the things Pope Francis said, as spontaneous as ever, during the exclusive interview with the argentine newspaper LA NACION almost 21 months after he was elected Pope.
full report here


I haven't read it in English (did it in Spanish before noticing the alternative), but being LN I'd expect the translation to be of good quality.