start here

start here

The Daily IKN email digest, get all daily posts sent to you next day (& no ads)

9/18/15

Tim Oliver: "Nearly half of development-stage NI 43-101 studies surveyed lack engineering rigor"

Here's the link to the piece written by Tim Oliver of 'Mining's Black Box'. And here's the overview of the note to get you in the mood:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nearly half of development-stage NI 43-101 studies surveyed lack engineering rigor

Analysis of 34 Technical Studies 
By Tim Oliver 

First published in Exploration Insights on September 13, 2015. 
Background In March 2014 I wrote a two-part series for Exploration Insights titled “Top 10 Signs of a Bogus NI 43-101 Study”. I presented a slide show on the subject to the crew at Sprott Global Resource Investments Ltd. in Carlsbad, California. The presentation went well until the end. Steve Todoruk asked me what percentage of posted studies is actually bogus. I made what I thought was a reasonable guess. It was pretty high, and I could feel the room drifting away. Most didn’t believe me, and I felt I lost credibility.
 The subject haunted me from that day. So, having some time on my hands, and looking for a way to promote my services, I decided to find out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whole article here. Your weekend reading, mining person