Minera IRL (LON:MIRL) SUSPENDED – EGM adjourned despite Rebels holding >90% of votes, questions over handful of shares
• The chairman yesterday adjourned the Minera EGM. We are told the adjournment was over potential irregularities over a handful of shares.
• Diego Benavides and his supporters are now forced to wait till the next EGM which can be called at anytime but no later than 17 December.
• Long suffering shareholders must now wait, while the company is effectively paralysed, racking up costs at a time when, we believe >90% of the shares have been cast in support of sacking the entire board. Do Turkeys every vote for Christmas? We hope these turkeys get a proper roasting by shareholders when this is all said and done.
• In a further twist: we are also told that a key shareholder has agreed to buy Rio Tinto’s 19% stake and is seeking to be elected to the board
Conclusion: Do Turkeys every vote for Christmas? We hope these turkeys get a proper roasting by shareholders when this is all said and done.
* SP Angel analysts are expressing their own views and opinions in this analysis. SP Angel has no corporate connection with Minera IRL or its subsidiaries. SP Angel holds no shares in Minera IRL and does not have any current financial arrangements with the company.
The Daily IKN email digest, get all daily posts sent to you next day (& no ads)
The Minera IRL Ltd NR on yesterday's clownfest is already out in London (link here), they're bound to put it on MarketWired in about half an hour.
Anyway, here's SP Angel, from this link. As usual, right on the button.