The Daily IKN email digest, get all daily posts sent to you next day (& no ads)
Live version, on the Jools Holland show:
Brilliant live band.
"You expect that behavior from a bunch of 19-year olds not the CEO of a public company".
1) You do not talk about Fight Club.
2) You DO NOT talk about Fight Club.
3) You DO NOT talk about Fight Club when IKN is listening.
PS: There has been a very slight edit made ot this post, regarding personal information on a minor matter that's not particularly connected to the main story. So if one part of the text seems not to make total sense, that's why. It's no biggie either way
UPDATE: Your humble scribe has 95% of the dirt on what went down. Expect a salacious post later.
UPDATE 2: The salacious post
It will say that the Rambo end of the pit is free digging, with minimal explosives used that won't be a problem.
It'll play down all the Mosque angle and pretend it's only about artisanal miners.
It won't tell you why they sacked their CEO.
Watch their space, not this space.
UPDATE: IKN wins, all three counts.
...The U.S. Dollar index, dailies:
Y'know, on Monday and Tuesday I actually read articles about dollar weakness. These people are nuts.
UPDATE: Your author reaches out to Daniel Earle for his version of the events, but bizarrely and strangely...
UPDATE 2: The morning after, some extra information.
UPDATE 3: How it all happened.
Majority Of Kitco Readers Don’t Expect The Fed To Hike Rates In 2015Of the 695 participants, an overwhelming majority, 526 people, or 76%, responded that the U.S. economy can’t afford higher interest rates.
Kitco Readers Would Vote A Resounding Yes In Swiss Gold ReferendumOut of 353 out of 309 participants, or 88%, said they would vote yes; 30 people, or 8%, said they would vote no and only 14, or 4%, said they were undecided.
- Canadian brokerages continue with a coverage universe recommendation 95% buys, 4% holds, 1% sells.
- Mouthbreather central websites run by and for the corrupt rich folk in Vancouver (yes CEO CA that's you, but sadly you're not the only ones out there) tell you that fame and riches are just around the corner, not just now today but in September 2012, March 2013, August 2014 etc etc ad infin.
- Places at the very bottom of the foodchain such as the unreadable waste of time that is Stockhouse band together the losers and if anyone dare tell them anything that doesn't suit their fantasy narratives they're immediately branded "bashers" and placed on ignore.
- Company IR departments are all yeah for sure it's been tough but hang in there guy, things are getting better and...you know the rest.
- Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
"So it was able to pull the trigger on a C$300 million financing, the largest in a slew of financings that came to the Canadian junior market in the past few weeks. It was well timed with an increase in the price of gold and mining equities in general. Coming at C$0.58/share it will add some 517 million shares to Romarco’s sharecount of about 725 million shares outstanding (according to TMXmoney.com). Alongside a binding $200 million debt commitment with Caterpillar, Macquarie and Societe Generale, it means Romarco has fully fund the Haile gold project as recently planned."
"Financial projections, issued by Romarco in November, put startup costs of Haile including initial capital costs and bonding, amongst other items, at $385 million."
Mayra hits the buzzer
Carolina de Mora: "Let's see now....Mayra?"
Mayra: "In parliament" (en el Congreso)
(audience bursts out laughing)
Carolina de Mora: "Where did you get that from"
Mayra: "My mother told me"
UPDATE: Here's a special message for people linking in to this and other posts from CEO CA
"...it is management's expectation that the Company should be able to fulfill the above noted requirements and resume operations at the Rosario Mine in the second half of February 2015."
Reap what you sow.
UPDATE: And this from Reuters. More symbolism, it's coming thick and fast today. Wowsers, they couldn't even be subtle about it, could they? That took about 30 minutes from the swearing in to the ratings review. This whole thing is Argentina 2003 redux, impressive correlation.
LONDON, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Standard and Poor's sent an early warning shot to Greece's new government on Monday, saying it could downgrade its sovereign credit rating even before its next planned review date in mid-March if things go badly. continues here
Here's the NR, here are three charts:
...the WTI crude oil contract, last ten days:
- There was some sort of emergency that got him to cut short his vacation with his daughter in Europe, hand over her charge to his ex-wife and bring him quickly back to Argentina in the days before his death.
- He was due to give evidence to support his accusations against the CFK government the day after his death, but his dossier had already been deposed and opened to authorities and judiciary (its contents are now being revealed, striptease-style, to the general public). As soon as it was available (three or four days before his death) there was immediate pushback from both pro-government and (relatively) neutral bodies who spotted false information and obvious contradictions in his version of events. One that's been widely reported is how Nisman claimed he had been given key evidence about supposed intelligence officers, but in fact (and in proven fact now) those people are not and have never been members of the intelligence services.
- So, let us imagine you have a less than perfect personal life. Let's also imagine you've been working under great pressure, in terms of workload and of psychological pressure from government enemies, for two years on a case you think shows major corruption in your current government (up to and including the President of your country). Let's imagine that things come to a head, you complete your work, you're satisfied with your job done, you hand in this national-level important case file...and then suddenly the whole thing blows up in your face because one of the most basic elements on which you based your argument is shown, with very little room for error, to be false. That, ladies and gentlemen, is years of work down the drain.
- And on top of that, in one day's time you have to go to the nation's Congress, stand up and defend your case and reiterate your accusations when you already know that the ground has been taken from under your feet and when the opponents ask you about the contradictions, you're going to flounder and fail in front of them. And your personal life is a mess.
PS: Richard Cory, by Edward Arlington Robinson.