- Preferably, somebody who talks constantly about your preferred sector of the market
- Normally, somebody who's been around the market for long enough to sound expert.
- Importantly, somebody who thinks highly of their own opinion.
- Usefully, somebody who is easily swayed by other people's points of view.
- Unfortunately, somebody with views and a voice that annoys you deeply on a natural, instinctive level and you need to concentrate just to listen to them and resist the urge to tell them to STFU on umpteen occasions.
- But most vital of all, somebody who, when it comes right down to it, truly does not have a single clue about the markets.
UPDATE: Reader 'SP' reads this post and kindly sends in this link to an XKCD:
Good shot, SP.